Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Throwdown at Knit Night

About a year ago, I organized a bimonthly knit night at a local coffee shop. The response has been really good, and it's fun to get together and talk about all sorts of things while stabbing the yarn with our needles.

Last night, however, we almost had a fight break out.

Over what, you ask? The pros and cons of pure wool? Wood or metal needles? Sock knitting? Whether knitting or crocheting can living in harmony?

Nope, none of the above.

It was over whether Germany has a true socialized medicine system.

I didn't see that one coming. I thought I was going to have to take away their needles before they stabbed each other.

On a completely unrelated, and totally boring, subject, I'm getting my hair cut today. I've had the same hairstyle for a while now and have been letting it get pretty long, but I'm a little worried about this haircut. My stylist called me last night and excitedly asked how I was planning to get my hair cut, which was strange in itself because she has never asked that before my appointment. It seems she went to a Paul Mitchell class yesterday, and I am about to become a guinea pig.

2 Comments:

Liz R. said...

I just thought I'd stop in to Uno Acres and say hello! and wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Have fun tomorrow!
Liz (lizandjuan at 2peas)

~jane said...

SO where's the photo with the new hairdo?? How do you like it? And happy post-thanksgiving day...