Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's 5 a.m. Do You Know Where Your Parents Are?




Most people who know us know that the only way we are going to see 5 a.m. is to sneak up behind it rather than in front of it. Part of that is because of Vern's work schedule but also because we are both confirmed night owls.


It creates a dilemma because my very favorite meal to eat in a restaurant is breakfast. Not at lunchtime and not at dinnertime. I want my breakfast in the morning. But we almost never make it out in time for breakfast.


Today we found ourselves working early into the morning as we often do. Later than normal even.


So at 5 a.m. we packed it up and went to breakfast. And let me tell you, it was good.
I can also tell you that the people who are seeing 5 a.m. at the start of a fresh new day and the people who are seeing it at the end of their day are very different. We felt like zombies in a field of sunflowers.

0 Comments: